POWERHOME SOLAR proudly installs industry-leading solar panels for homeowners throughout Roanoke, VA, and its surrounding areas. How does it work? Solar panels produce electricity for your home using sunlight. The process from sunlight to energy goes like this:
- Rays of sun hit the panels, which causes photons and electrons to interact, creating an electrical current.
- This electrical current travels from the panels to your solar inverter, which takes the generated energy and turns it into usable energy for your home.
- From the inverter, the energy flows to your breaker box, which circulates that energy through your home.
- Any energy left unused travels back to your utility meter and is available for later consumption. If available in your area, this excess energy can also be used for net metering purposes, which means it can be sent to the grid and used for energy credits on your next electric bill.
Benefits of Solar Panels
There are plenty of reasons to consider solar panels for your Roanoke-area home. Beyond the potential financial benefits, there are environmental factors and the potential for a major return on your investment.
- Own Your Power — Rising energy costs got you down? Own your power and rely less on the grid with solar.
- Potentially Reduce Your Electric Bill — Solar panels can potentially save thousands of dollars on your electric bills over time through generating your own power.
- Qualify For Federal Tax Credit — Homeowners can currently claim a federal tax credit of up to 26% for installing solar panels on their property.5
- Potentially Increase Your Property’s Value — More and more people are seeing the advantage in having lower electric bills through choosing solar. Studies show that investing in solar energy can increase your home’s value, potentially giving you a higher return on investment should you sell your home in the future.
- Reduce Your Carbon Footprint — As a clean alternative to fossil fuels, by using solar energy you easily reduce your carbon footprint.
What Happens to Excess Solar Energy?
Your solar panels may produce more energy than you need at certain times of day. If you don’t end up needing all the energy your system creates, there are different ways you can use it.
Store excess energy in a backup battery.3
If your panels produce excess energy, the extra power can be stored in your Generac battery backup to be used in the event of a grid power outage or at night when your panels are not producing any electricity. In addition, the stored energy can fill the gaps when your home’s solar panels are not producing at full capacity.
Use excess energy via net metering.
Net metering is the process of sending extra energy that your solar panels produce back to the grid in exchange for credits on future electric bills. If your panels produce extra energy, you can be credited for the energy you sell back (often at a 1-to-1 ratio), meaning that you sell it back at the same price you would buy it. This is a great incentive for using solar energy, but it’s important to note that some utility companies do not offer net metering. Availability, excess credits and other requirements vary by area and utility providers.
Solar Panel Installation In Roanoke
As Roanoke’s leader in solar panel installation, we have processes in place that make going solar simple.
- Fill out a quick form on our site for a free quote. One of our solar representatives will get back to you in short order to discuss your solar options. We will evaluate your property and make sure you’re a good candidate for solar panels. At the end, we’ll schedule a free in-home consultation for next steps.
- One of our solar consultants will take a closer look at your home and bills to see what size of solar system will work for your needs. This results in a custom proposal based on your unique energy needs. Once you’ve signed this proposal, we prepare for installation.
- On installation day, we will begin the process of installing your solar panels, taking care to ensure no damage to your roof or home. This should last only a day or two. When complete, we’ll test your system and clean up after the fact.
Cost of Solar
Adding solar energy to your home is more affordable than ever in the Roanoke area! However, a solar system’s cost depends on your home, energy usage and energy goals. With help from our solar experts, we can come up with a custom solution for your home.
The solar panels’ cost is calculated based on dollars per watt. We calculate the number of panels needed based on the watts your home typically uses. Once that number is reached, we can design a custom solar system for your home.
Your Roanoke Solar Panel Installation Cost Includes The Following:
This includes the solar panels, inverters, wiring, conduit, mounting racks and mounting hardware.
A Custom Solar System
Once you sign the contract, our team begins designing a system, filing the relevant permits and proceeding with the setup for your installation.
A Time And Date For Your Installation
On the day of installation, our team carefully installs and tests your system to ensure that it’s working properly, then cleans up your property as though we were never there!
Solar the right solution for your needs? Here’s how you can finance your Roanoke solar panel installation.
PHS Financial Program
- POWERHOME SOLAR offers competitive financing to do our part in making solar accessible and affordable to our customers. Our financial program offers those who qualify a $0 up-front cost and 12 months of savings on us.1
- You can obtain a loan either through your own source or through ours, which specializes in solar. This allows for a $0 down payment and 100% financing for qualified customers.
- To maximize your solar investment, you can pay up-front, in full for your solar panels. This means your new electric bill will immediately reflect your potential savings and you can take advantage of home equity loans that might be tax-deductible.
POWERHOME SOLAR Financial Program
POWERHOME SOLAR offers competitive financing to do our part in making solar accessible and affordable to our customers. Our financial program offers those who qualify a $0 up-front cost and 12 months of savings on us1.
You can obtain a loan either through your own source or through ours, which specializes in solar. This allows for a $0 down payment and 100% financing for qualified customers.
To maximize your solar investment, you can pay up-front, in full for your solar panels. This means your new electric bill will immediately reflect your potential savings and you can take advantage of home equity loans that might be tax-deductible.
POWERHOME SOLAR is proud to offer high-quality solar panels that offer superior reliability and performance.
Solar Panel Warranties
Our panels come with two types of warranty:
- A minimum 25-year linear power performance guarantee.
- A 25-year product workmanship guarantee. A solar panel’s product warranty covers any issues with manufacturing defects or premature wear and tear on your panels.
Your solar panels are built to last, and so is your inverter! Your inverter comes with a 10-year warranty, and as the installer of the system, our team will take care of any warranty issues that might arise.
These warranties are designed to ensure that you are able to replace bad panels or address any potential issues with your system post-installation. POWERHOME SOLAR uses panels that are guaranteed to operate at approximately 85% capacity after 25 years and rarely have issues. But in the event that there are any problems, our customers can rest assured that we will be able to address them and rectify the situation.